Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Girls to LA part 1

I know that bob is recent blogs has apoligized for him not being a good blogger, but I have been completely off my game.  I am sorry to all of those people that check the blog often looking for cute pictures of the kids (wally! ).  I am going to make an effort to change my ways.  As bob mentioned I went to LA for a few days over spring break, but I also took Francine with me.  My sister lives there with her fiance Troy.  They used to live in Venice, but now they live in Culver City.  This is more inland, but only about a 20 min drive to the beach and where they used to live.  Culver CIty (from what I hear) is an up and coming city to live, it is also the home to Sony Studios, which takes up blocks and blocks of bulidngs. 
We arrived late on Saturday night because of some bad storms in St Louis.  My mom also came in from Des Moines, so it was a girls' weekend with Troy. 
So we didn't do anything on Saturday night.  On Sunday we woke up and it was a little overcast and cool.  We were all hungry for brunch.  We went back to a favortite place of Troy and Jess' called Rose Cafe.  Then we walked down to the Venice Boardwalk, but the wind really picked up, so we headed off the beach to a shopping and restaurant strip called Abbott Kinney.  We went in some shops, had some coffee, and Francine was a doll.  Then it was home for nap time.  Jessica and I were not so interested in napping so we walked around Culver City and had a late lunch and a few drinks at a restaurnat called Rush.  It was great. 




That night for dinner we went out for sushi.  It was super delicious.  A fabulous day all around!

No comments:

Post a Comment